|Location||10717 Berlin, Germany|
|Date Posted||13. November 2018|
NGO / Non-Profit
|Street + Number||Nassauische Str. 5|
For our coordination office in Berlin we are seeking an energetic person with a strong interest in international affairs to fill the position of:
Administrator / Project Assistant (m/f)
Part-time (21 hours /week)
(16 hours for YEPP EUROPE and 5 hours for IHS)
- Financial management (YEPP EUROPE and IHS):
- Assist with financial and budgetary planning, financial and contractual procedures;
- Create and maintain annual budgets and compile financial reports;
- Handle payments and classify all invoices and financial documents according to the INA gGmbH bookkeeping system and processes and according to Programme/Grant rules;
- Provide documents and files for INA gGmbH external bookkeeping;
- Track expenditure and make financial analysis of projects and operational activities;
- Control and follow-up financial transactions with regard to Programme/Grant rules;
- Ensure that the financial and contractual rules of Erasmus+ and Interreg V-A (Germany/SaxonyCzech Republic) projects are fulfilled;
- Update and file all financial documents.
- Office management (YEPP EUROPE):
- Update and file documents related to YEPP EUROPE projects, planning, budgets and contracts electronically and manually;
- Assist in organising YEPP EUROPE transnational events by booking the locations and travel; negotiate with suppliers and other providers of services; arrange all the logistical framework for the event; take part in the events (when they take place in Berlin);
- Manage all organizational, administrative and office-type tasks and activities;
- Other tasks associated with the YEPP EUROPE, as assigned by the YEPP EUROPE Director and the Team.
- Communication (YEPP EUROPE):
- Communication with partners, grant donors, project participants, and suppliers;
- Maintenance of the website (WordPress);
- Writing and editing YEPP EUROPE Newsletter (Mailchimp);
- Social Media activities: creating, observing and responding to posts and conversations within the social community (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and other);
- Research and observation of the international environment as well as relevant topics;
- Assistance in drafting articles, blog posts, promotional materials, and press releases.
- Very good German and English skills;
- Proven experience in finances and budget management;
- Proven experience as an Office Manager, Front office manager or Administrative assistant;
- Experience in working on EU funded projects;
- Good computer skills, in particular MS Office;
- Experience in organising events;
- Passionate handling and experience with social media channels and a sense for trends;
- Organisational skills and ability to manage deadlines.
The preferred starting date is 02.01.2019.
If you're interested, send us a short email with your CV describing your background, availability and interests to firstname.lastname@example.org with the word 'Administrator' in the subject. For further information, please check our websites www.yeppeurope.org and www.heritagestudies.eu
YEPP EUROPE is a transnational support agency for local communities who work in line with “YEPP” approach and methodology developed within the 10-year old foundation-led Youth Empowerment Partnership Programme (YEPP) to achieve youth and community empowerment. It provides coordination and support for local and transnational activities of the YEPP Community Network. YEPP EUROPE is located in the Institute for Community Education (ICE).
We work for youth and community empowerment in disadvantaged areas across Europe, promote participation of young people and local stakeholders in decision-making processes and foster active citizenship. We recognize young people as actors of social change and strive to make their voices heard.
The ‘Institute Heritage Studies’ (IHS) has made the investigation and sustainable implementation of the heritage of humanity its mission. The IHS is a research and science centre that deals with heritage and its diverse constructions. It is also a centre for a broad strategy for the training, advanced and further education of various target groups, who act or want to act for the protection and use of the heritage of humanity. The IHS meets the needs for protection and use of heritage with a specially trained team of experts.
Our current project “Our World Heritage – Mining Cultural Landscape Erzgebirge/Krušnohori” is a cooperation with the Institute of Industrial Archaeology and History of Science and Technology (IWTG) at TU Bergakademie Freiberg and the Förderverein Montanregion Erzgebirge e. V. (Friends and Supporters of the Erzgebirge Mining and Smelting Area), as well as partners in the Czech Republic including UJEP University, the National Heritage Institute, and the Montanregion Krušné hory – Erzgebirge support association (Mining Region – Ore Mountains).
The Institute for Community Education (ICE) and the Institute Heritage Studies (IHS) are located at the International Academy Berlin (INA gGmbH).