|Location||Berlin Charlottenburg, Germany|
|Date Posted||21. July 2017|
Academic / Research
Position of Registrar
Reports to: Rector and Program Deans
Status: Full-time, maternity substitute position available for approx. 1 year
Position hours: 40 hours per week
Touro College Berlin is the Berlin branch of a growing American college, with English-language programs of study in Psychology, Business Administration, and Holocaust and Tolerance Studies. We offer degree programs accredited in the US and in Germany. Our beautiful campus is located in Charlottenburg, close to leafy Grunewald. Be a part of our small and dedicated team of international staff and faculty.
We are seeking a qualified person, with prior experience in academic administration, to serve as College Registrar. The primary responsibilities of the Registrar involve the scheduling of academic activities for each semester, course registration, record-keeping, and reporting on student numbers and enrollments, as well as assisting the deans and other administrative offices. The position requires a person capable of dealing with the broader needs of multiple academic programs, as well as handling complex day-to-day details. The successful candidate will possess a strong desire to work one-on-one with students and faculty. Must be detail-oriented and enjoy handling responsibilities in a fast-paced environment.
- Collection, recording, maintenance and reporting of student records
- Interpretation and enforcement of academic policies
- Development of appropriate recommendations for the implementation of related technology. Working together with faculty and administration to analyze data on registration for administrative use in formulating policies.
- Regular contact with main campus administrative offices
- Overseeing of and participation in academic advisement and course registration
- Graduation review of all candidates for graduation
- Preparation and issuance of diplomas and official transcripts for programs accredited in Germany
- Coordination of the grading process
- Organization of end-of-term examinations
- Preparation of academic calendars
- Preparation of course schedules and maintenance of class lists
- Coordination of class schedules with room assignments for optimum use of buildings and equipment.
The successful candidate will have:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English; native language preferred.
- Solid organizational skills and problem-solving skills, with an attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and customer service skills. Ability to deal well with students, parents, and the college community with finesse and diplomacy.
- A proven record in working successfully with diverse populations.
- Self-management and project management abilities. Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple tasks simultaneously, work both independently and as a team member, and take initiative in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Strong problem solving, trouble shooting and creative thinking skills to find solutions to complex problems as they arise. A positive attitude and ability to plan and adapt to change.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, manage multiple conflicting priorities and tasks.
- Knowledge of and experience in both the American and German higher education administrative systems is preferred.
- A Bachelor's degree is required, a Master's is preferred.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, list of references, and salary requirements no later than 10 July 2017 to email@example.com or by post to:
Touro College Berlin
Am Rupenhorn 5
14055 Berlin, Germany
Tel: 011 49 30 300 686 0
FAX: 011 49 30 300 686 39