|Location||Berlin Mitte, Germany|
|Date Posted||20. September 2017|
Marketing / PR
|Street + Number||8 rue Blanche|
You love theatre, work internationally and are a passionate communicator?
Then join us - we are hiring !
Communication Manager, Berlin, Germany
Founded in 1988 by three theatres in France, Germany and Belgium, the European Theatre Convention (ETC) has become Europe’s largest network for public theatres with 40 houses from more than 20 countries. We share and facilitate the joint promotion, creation and dissemination of contemporary dramatic arts and linguistic diversity within Europe and beyond. We support collaborations that foster cultural diversity and intercultural dialogue and serve as a platform for the professional exchange, training and capacity building of theatre-makers in an international context. And we promote and strengthen European theatre as a vital platform for dialogue, democracy and interaction that responds to; reflects and engages with today’s diverse audiences and changing societies. ETC’s activities foster a socially-engaged, inclusive notion of theatre that brings Europe’s social, linguistic and cultural to as large an audience and communities as possible both locally and internationally.
The Communication Manager will develop and implement ETC’s communication strategy as part of ETC’s new international theatre programme “ENGAGE: Empowering today’s audiences through challenging theatre” to promote the organization’s activities internationally and shall be responsible for the various elements of the job description listed below. The duties outlined are not exhaustive and the Communication Manager will be expected to undertake additional duties as reasonably directed by the General Secretary and/or the Board of Directors.
- Develop and implement internal & external ENGAGE communication and PR strategy to reflect our mission
- Design and delivery of communication campaigns
- Relaunch, managing and updating website with new functions to develop: data base, online resource platform for theatre and culture sector, target specific newsletters, social media tools etc.
- Develop and execute social media channels, with harmonized editorial calendar
- Development and dissemination of press material and project publications (print/online)
- Develop and maintain media relations
- Development and maintenance of new CRM
- Develop and edit ETC Journal
- Editorial tasks for all ETC / ENGAGE publications, social media, newsletters, annual reports, press releases, presentations, support in grant requests etc.
- Liaise with ETC’s member theatres communication departments, external services and suppliers (graphic designer, IT, printing companies etc.), partners and stakeholders
SKILLS & EXPERTISE
The Berlin based Communication Manager should have:
- A university degree or equivalent;
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in communication / journalism / press / social media / project management in an international environment in the cultural/ non-for profit / media / education / governmental / corporate / or start up sector
- Fluent command of written and spoken English; French and / or German with a good writing style is a plus, additional European languages are most welcome;
- A strong interest and knowledge in theatre and the culture sector and related issues;
- Ability to use graphic tools and design software (eg Indesign, Photoshop or Illustrator) and social media (mailchimp, facebook, twitter) and capable to manage websites and blogs (wordpress) with SEO optimization. Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (word, excel, powerpoint)
- Ability to design and manage campaigns and publicity projects with open source tools
- Good proof-reading skills and sense for detail
- Proved track record of editing and creating publications
- Experience to work under time pressure and independently
- Sense of creativity and good relational ease
- to be part of a small, inspiring and international team
- an independent self-employed contract on a full time or part time basis.
- salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience.
- Travels and meetings abroad may take place during evenings and week-ends
- Partial home office
The position is granted on a limited freelance contract term for 1 year, with possibility of continuation. Start: October 5, 2017
Please send your application (motivation letter, CV, work examples and references) and your salary expectations by email with « Communication Manager » as subject to email@example.com. Based on the outlined missions, please answer in your application the question: How do you run a successful communication campaign of ENGAGE ?
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Contact person: Mrs. Heidi Wiley
Deadline for applications: September 22, 2017