|Date Posted||18. December 2017|
|Street + Number||Platanenstraße, 24|
Bard College Berlin, A Liberal Arts University invites applications for a
The Counselor will work on contract with Bard College Berlin to support the holistic well-being of our students. She/He/They should have a background in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and a strong interest in working with university-aged students from diverse backgrounds. She/He/They should be a native or near-native English speaker.
Bard College Berlin is a state-recognized liberal arts college that has about 270 students from over 60 countries. Students come to the college for either a full 4-year BA degree or as study abroad guests for one semester or academic year. They range in age from 17-27 with the majority being 18 to 22. The Student Life department works closely with students to support and enrich their university experience. The Counselor works in collaboration with the Student Life department and the Head of Student Life.
- a higher degree (MA/PhD) in counseling with a focus or coursework in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- familiarity with or experience working with the 18-22 age group
- an understanding of the challenges students at an international, academically demanding university may be experiencing
- willingness to collaborate in a team to support students (while maintaining student confidentiality)
- ability and willingness to consult in emergency situations
- awareness of mental health support options throughout Berlin - especially in Pankow and in English (also Arabic and other languages)
- Confidential short-term counseling for college students
- Refers students to outside resources for on-going counseling and or psychiatric needs
- Presents workshops to students and offers staff/faculty training/in-services on topics such as depression, anxiety, stress management, time management and other coping skills
- Leads counseling groups on topics such as anxiety, depression, abuse or loss
- Active membership in the college community: attending community events, thinking strategically about how to help the community, seeking opportunities to support students, helping to bring in presenters on relevant topics, and assisting in events such as Orientation.
- Work to develop processes and protocols to strengthen counseling practice at Bard College Berlin.
The envisioned arrangement is a part-time contract position for approximately 10 hours per week. The applicant should be prepared to begin working in late January, 2018.
Applications including CV, cover letter, and contacts of 2 references should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Counselor” in the subject line (email with pdf-attachments only).
Please direct any questions to Brian Gallagher email@example.com.
Bard College Berlin is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or age.