|Date Posted||17. November 2017|
Writing / Editing / Translation
|Street + Number||Oxford Business Group, Helmholtz Str 2-9, Aufgang H, die NE H.04.070|
Oxford Business Group (OBG), an international publisher of research and intelligence on emerging markets, is looking for a freelance editorial assistant fluent in both English and French for its Charlottenburg editorial office in Berlin. Join a dynamic team of researchers and editors engaged with the latest information about the world’s fastest-growing markets.
Assistant position description:
The Assistant to the Regional Editor is a key contact between field teams in Africa and OBG’s editorial office in Berlin; he/she will assist the Regional Editor with editorial and administrative tasks related to the management of field projects in Africa.
Assistant’s key responsibilities:
- Liaise with field teams and travel department to coordinate and schedule analysts and photographer visits
- Liaise with analysts before, during and after assignments and coordinate copy delivery
- Fill out and update Google docs spread sheets with relevant production details
- Liaise with field teams on key documents and manage the inflow of various inputs
- Assist Managing Editor with pre-editing of transcripts and chapters for OBG reports
- Coordinate with field teams and editorial department to design chapter layouts
- Write summaries on report content for OBG’s website
- Assist with other duties and tasks as required
Bachelor’s degree; minimum two years’ experience in a research, journalism or editorial position (in English); and French-language fluency are required. Knowledge of economic fundamentals strongly preferred; Familiarity with North and/or Sub-Saharan economies preferred although not required.
How to apply:
To apply, send a letter of interest and CV to Souhir Mzali, Regional Editor for Africa, at email@example.com. Please be advised you may be asked to complete a writing sample as part of the application process.
For more information about Oxford Business Group, please visit www.oxfordbusinessgroup.com.