|Date Posted||10. September 2018|
Writing / Editing / Translation
Oxford Business Group, an international publisher of research and intelligence on emerging markets, is looking for junior English-language sub-editors for its Charlottenburg editorial office. Join a dynamic team of researchers and editors engaged with the latest information about the world’s fastest-growing markets.
Junior Sub-Editor job overview:
Fact-checks and sub-edits articles, interviews, viewpoints and chapters for annual Reports; implements proofing changes; amends/revises copy according to comments and changes from external readers; writes photo captions, headlines and sub-heads for copy; works with the design team to choose photos and create infographics. Work is done largely Monday through Friday during the day.
- Edit text to ensure it is well written and logically structured;
- Correct grammar, spelling and punctuation mistakes;
- Ensure copy adheres to Oxford Business Group house style;
- Check facts and raise any queries directly with the analyst;
- Reword and rewrite copy where necessary;
- Ensure photographs are correctly captioned;
- Write headlines, sub-heads and summary paragraphs for copy; and
- Flag any potential holes in coverage with deputy chief sub-editor or chief sub-editor.
Native or fluent English-speaking/reading/writing skills required. Bachelor’s degree; minimum one year sub-editing or proofreading experience. Experience in economics, banking and financial journalism is preferred. Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is a plus; knowledge of German is not required.
How to apply:
To apply, send a letter of interest and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be advised you may be asked to complete a sub-editing test as part of the application process.
For more information about Oxford Business Group, please visit www.oxfordbusinessgroup.com.