|Date Posted||27. June 2018|
|Street + Number||Funkhaus Nalepastraße 18|
dBs Berlin is an international creative production learning community. We are fuelled by a deeply held belief that greatness is grown not born. Our courses span music production, film, virtual FX, animation and acting. We provide students with a safe space to dream big, grow their own greatness and build a life they love.
At its heart dBs Berlin is about people. We are dedicated to building a diverse team to teach in our multicultural environment. We strongly encourage applications from minority groups and women.
What are we looking for?
We’re currently looking for tutors to join our team here at dBs Berlin as freelancers. We are interested in applicants with industry expertise and academic experience in one or more of the following areas:
● Audio Engineer: Recording, Mixing, Mastering
● Music Industry Professional familiar with the current state of the music business
● Audio Professional with experience in commissioned work
● Professionals, experienced in acoustics for music production
● Producer, musician or audio professional (preferably with academic music/ music technology background)
● People with the interest and ability to deliver different music related narratives with a personal and fresh point of view as well as a keen interest in helping others understand what is music and how it functions.
● Writing and developing module handbooks and schemes of work
● Writing and developing module content
● Preparing exciting content for lessons (Including lesson handouts)
● Delivering classes, workshops, lectures, seminars and tutorials
● Monitoring student progress
● Assessing and grading student submissions
● Providing feedback to programme lead
● Carrying out second marking
● Completing module reports
● Attending programme meetings
● Providing academic support for students.
● Fluent in English, both spoken and written (other languages are a bonus)
● An open mind and supportive approach to teaching
● Strong motivational skills to draw students into study
● Bachelor's degree or equivalent industry and teaching experience
● Interested in helping to build a growing creative community
● Ability to deliver different narratives with a personal, interesting perspective
● Prior experience in teaching is beneficial
● Available to teach weekly between mid-September 2017 and mid-May / end-July (depending on different semesters and not including semester breaks and holidays).
What can you expect from us
● Opportunity to learn and exchange experiences with a vibrant creative community
● Dynamic and fast changing work environment
● Encouragement to express yourself and take initiative in shaping your role
● Freedom to express yourself within your specific academic focus
● Possibilities to develop yourself as tutor as well as a music professional
● Encouragement to continue pursuing and developing your music careers aside from teaching.
Instead of sending a traditional cover letter, describe to us in 500 words your perspective on education and how you feel it could develop in the future. Please also include your most recent CV and email both as PDF attachments to
We will be accepting applications until 12.07.2018.
Relevant candidates will be invited for interviews between 27.06. - 27.07.2018.
Learn more about us at
and we look forward to hearing from you!