|Location||Prenzlauer Berg, Germany|
|Date Posted||23. January 2019|
Human Resources / Recruitment
|Street + Number||Milastr. 2|
SANDEMANs NEW Europe is renowned for its famous FREE TOUR and specialized, top-quality walking tours, designed for and loved by independent travellers from around the globe. With administrative offices in London and Berlin, we promote walking tours in 20 cities around Europe, the Middle East and the US - we’re a growing business in an exciting industry. We employ around 250 staff across our network and work together with approximately 450 freelance guides.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an English native-speaker to join our recruitment team in Berlin on a temporary basis (maternity cover). We are looking for a motivated Recruitment Associate to handle our international English-language recruitment, coordinating with our Spanish-language team in the UK.
With staff needs changing seasonally, new cities opening in our network and potential guides contacting us on a daily basis, the Recruitment Associate role is varied, fast-paced and expanding. We recruit actively in 12 countries and receive applications from around the world – the range of candidates is extremely diverse and never boring!
About the role
As the Recruitment Associate, you will be responsible for owning the full candidate recruitment experience. Whether successful in their application or not, we want every candidate to feel like they want to work and collaborate with us, and your support and guidance will provide them with this opportunity! You will work closely with our local managers in our cities of operation to find the best people for us and our future.
The role involves end-to-end recruitment for operational roles across our network of 20 cities, as well as the recruitment of English-speaking freelance tour guide partners. You will be responsible for ensuring that recruitment requests from hiring managers are fulfilled within the required time frame with the best candidates possible. You will take ownership of candidate databases and actively seek new platforms for candidate sourcing.
The role will include:
- Proactively searching for candidates using a number of online tools available to ensure we are finding the best possible candidates
- Developing and expanding our use of social media recruitment resources
- Conducting phone interviews both to screen candidates and to get them excited about what we can offer
- Ensuring that all candidates are fully prepared for and have a positive experience of the recruitment process (regardless of outcome)
- Interview scheduling, working closely with the local hiring managers across the company network
- Providing managers with weekly recruitment progress updates
- Maintaining excellent administrative records (e.g. candidate and advert databases), so that the resourcing process runs smoothly and all tasks are completed to expected standards
- The opportunity to be an active part of an expanding business in an exciting industry
- A workplace with a fun, multilingual, highly diverse team from around the world
- The chance to develop your skills and experience in a broad range of fields
- A fun working environment, a great location in Berlin (Prenzlauer Berg) and free fresh fruit and delicious coffee
- A part-time position (25 - 30 hours, Mon - Fri), start date March 13th 2019
- An initial limited contract for the duration of our team member's maternity leave (at least one year) with the potential for extension beyond that time depending on circumstances
We’re looking for the following attributes in an ideal candidate:
- Previous recruitment or resourcing experience, either in-house or agency based, ideally high-volume
- Experience conducting telephone interviews and a talent for sensing which candidates are a great fit
- Native-level English with excellent written and verbal communication skills; further languages (German, Spanish) highly beneficial
- Bubbly personality and confident phone manner with the ability to build rapport quickly and effectively
- Drive and determination, together with enthusiasm for owning new projects and a willingness to learn
- Fantastic organisation and time-management skills, as well as a high level of efficiency when working under pressure
We believe in providing opportunities for the right people to gain experience in Recruitment and Talent Management and we think that the right qualifications, attitude and determination can be as valuable in this field as practical experience. If you're passionate about the travel industry and would like to kick-start your career in Recruitment we’d like to hear from you!
Please apply via our careers page at https://sandemansneweurope.recruitee.com/o/recruitment-associate-international-tourism-maternity-cover-berlin