|Date Posted||15. October 2019|
Writing / Editing / Translation
|Street + Number||Wilhelmine-Gemberg-Weg 5-7|
Milengo is one of the Europe’s leading language service providers. We help companies in the fields of hardware and software, mechanical engineering, corporate publishing and e-commerce communicate with customers in over 70 countries.
Milengo GmbH is based in Berlin, Germany, and operates a service centre for the Asian market in Shenzhen, China and a production center in Poznan, Poland. We are looking for dedicated, motivated employees to join our team and support us along our path of steady growth.
We currently have a vacancy for a German > English (US and UK) technical translation trainee. This position is suitable for translation studies graduates as well as applicants who studied other language-related or technical subjects and are interested in translating, but have little or no professional experience in doing so. Over the course of this one-year traineeship, we will build up and develop your translating expertise, supplementing your existing language skills with the professional experience that is essential for translating technical documentation, software and marketing texts and website content.
The traineeship is designed with the aim of transitioning into a permanent in-house translator or freelancer position after the year has been completed.
- Translating specialist technical documentation, mechanical engineering, IT, software and technical marketing texts in accordance with the applicable style guides
- Working with various CAT tools and terminology databases
- Updating terminology and compiling glossaries
- Conducting translation-related research online
- Native English speaker (US or UK)
- Excellent knowledge of German
- Additional language skills are advantageous
- Completed university studies
- Affinity for technology and willingness to engage with technical topics
- Excellent writing skills
- Duration: 1 year
- Remuneration: €1,593/month
- Designed to lead to a permanent position